Friday, March 6, 2015

Where We Are

I feel like Tyler and I are in kind of an interesting place right now. He’s finishing up his last semester of college for his undergraduate degree, and I’m halfway through mine. He’s gearing up for graduate school (let’s face it, I am too), and we’re both working part time which is great. It just feels like we’re sort of in between. It’s like sometimes we aren’t really “big kids” yet, and other times I feel like we’re ancient. (I usually feel that way when I’m falling asleep at 7:00). We’re also anticipating a transition.

One of the top goals in our marriage has been to be debt free for as long as possible, more specifically, until we buy a house. We have been showered with blessings, and so far, we have been able to get through school and pay for our expenses without going into debt. With graduate school on the horizon though, it’s getting tougher, and school is not getting cheaper. With that in mind, Tyler has been job shopping with hopes of finding a full time job that can help us to be able to keep meeting our goals. He has some amazing opportunities looking up, and I’ll blog about those when we know what’s going on.

I’ve also been looking to move up. I still work at UVU, and I really love where I work, but the pay isn’t fabulous, and the tasks are pretty boring. I applied for another job in the same office that offers higher pay as well as three credit hour tuition waivers per semester and a more varied load of work. I have an interview on Tuesday, so that will be interesting.

On the threshold of change, I’m having a hard time identifying how I feel about it. It’s so wonderful to be moving forward and progressing, but it’s also daunting. I’ve never been very good at waiting, but now it seems like that’s what we’ll be doing. We’re waiting to hear about new job possibilities and Tyler’s immediate educational future. We’re waiting for summer to come. We’re waiting for this next phase of life. I keep learning that I need to be more patient which is always fun. But I’ve also been able to enjoy this journey more than any of the past “waiting periods” of my life, and that’s because I have the greatest partner. He works so hard, and I’m blessed to be part of his life and have him in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment